Country Manager, Mexico
Reporting to the VP Exploration and President
A Mexican national is preferred, although any candidate with the required experience of Mexico and Mexican exploration will be considered.
- The preferred candidate would be a geologist or have extensive geological experience, allowing him to understand and manage the exploration side of the business, and negotiate and market from a position of technical strength.
- An existing good network within Mexico exploration community
- Able to provide effective, strong leadership for the whole Mexico Team and Office
- Self-disciplined, with Initiative and drive, to make a success of the Mexico branch
- Be a leader for a genuine culture of safety
- Fluent or native speaker in both English and Spanish is an essential requirement.
- A good business sense, able to spot opportunities and structure a successful deal
- A knowledge of the Mexican Mineral Exploration Industry is a definite advantage but not a pre-requisite
- Be based in or willing to relocate to Hermosillo, Sonora State.
- Represent the company inside Mexico
- Manage a well-established and effective team, keep staff motivated and satisfied within a healthy and safe working environment
- Coordinate with technical staff to oversee and ensure effective management of Operational side of the business (exploration programs and logistics)
- Coordinate with Admin and Accounting staff to oversee and ensure effective management of Administrative side of the business (budgets, reporting obligations, taxation, Human Resources)
- Ensure the Operational and Admin sections of the business are working together
- Ensure programs are executed on time and to budget.
- Work with the Operational and Admin team to improve efficiencies.
- Co-ordinate closely with the Corporate Head Office in Vancouver, Canada, to communicate and implement wider company goals and business plans
- Generate new opportunities through market monitoring and networking with a focus for metals assets inside Mexico
- Conduct business negotiations in Spanish
- Draft, review and sign contracts where needed.
- High level community negotiations
- Market and Present Project to potential clients
- Provide authority to support and implement policy (for example, IT data security, field safety)